- Remove the foil from the cork.
- Untwist the wire restraint securing the cork.
- Wrap the bottle's neck and cork in a dish towel.
- Angle the bottle away from everyone.
- Take hold of the cork with the towel and gently untwist.
- Continue untwisting, or hold the cork in place and twist the bottle itself.
- Slowly ease the cork out of the bottle's neck.
- Listen for the pop and pour.
Jumat, 31 Desember 2010
Kamis, 30 Desember 2010
Did you know that Rice Krispies are multi-lingual?? It’s true:
Where do Rice Krispies get their voice? I’m guessing that there’s not a whole heck of a lot of funding out there for conducting experiments on cereal noises, but this theory seems plausible.
You probably want to eat them before the conversation ends. Because once the rice is wet enough, all the air pockets have burst, and the sounds stop you’re going to end up with a bowl full of soggy rice puffs.
You know ‘em, you love ‘em . . . and if you don’t, well, you’re in for a treat . . . a Marshmallow Treat
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 5 Cups Crisp Rice Cereal
Mmmm, a blast from the past!
Rabu, 29 Desember 2010
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lb Thick Cut Bacon, Cooked
Selasa, 28 Desember 2010
Every summer my husband and I take a trip to New Hampshire for 10 days. We spend our time riding motorcycles, kayaking, enjoying the amazing scenery and drinking beer at our favorite brew pubs.
One must do ride is the trip from North Conway, where we always stay at the White Trellis Motel, to Christie's Maple Farm in Lancaster. It's a 100+ mile round trip for maple syrup but it's an awesome ride with the majestic Presidential Range in view the whole time. We get our year supply of maple syrup . . . Grade A Amber . . . enjoy a local soda pop and maple fudge.
Minggu, 26 Desember 2010
- Attend a sporting event – i.e. have fun!
- Remember those who have provided a service to you during the year – your mailman, employee, etc.
- Remember those in need – there is always someone worse off than you.
- Go shopping – take advantage of those after Christmas sales
- Celebrate with friends – take time to relax after all the hustle and bustle
Follow these simple rules for regifting . . . if you must regift do it right!